Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's 3:45am..

...and I can't sleep. But finally I can't sleep out of excitement, rather than pure anxiety. So I decided to blog for a minute before trying to take a "nap" again before my alarm goes off. For those of you that haven't spoken to me in the past couple of days - I made a big decision yesterday! I'm leaving my current position to take a position at iMortgage. Risky move? The more I think about it and talk to people, the more I think it's not as big of a risk as I initially thought. The economy blows right now, and in turn the mortgage business isn't doing so hot. HOWEVER, I think that getting into the business at the right company and for the right people, this could be an amazing time to enter. I will be going to work for Carlie's dad, Bill. When I talked to Bill on Monday, he mentioned something that I find very true. I'm entering the industry at a time where I will have a chance to learn all of the ins and outs of the business. This is an advantage because I will have the opportunity to become really great at anything that I do there, because I would know the whole business, rather than just parts. And as Bill said, at this point, there would be nowhere to go but up.

So now that I've made my final decision, I'm totally pumped. In a few hours I will give my notice at my current position. I'll let you know how that goes.

OH! And P.S.! I'm also super excited because one of my daily duties will be to update Bill's blog. :) I will post a link when it becomes available - stay tuned.

No comments: