Thursday, February 5, 2009

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

To Whom It May Concern:

You know who you are. Thank you for your role in my life, you've been pivotal in my growth as an individual as well as a woman. It's time for you to go now. I wish you all the best in life, and I truly want you all to be happy in whatever you do and wherever you end up. Please do right by me and move right along, because you know I won't be able to tell you myself. Thank you for understanding.

Borrowed from my good friend John Legend:

"And I hope one day you'll see nobody has it easy,
I still can't believe you found somebody new
But I wish you the best, I guess.
'Cause everybody knows, that nobody really knows
How to make it work, or how to ease the hurt"

Whether "somebody new" is literal or figurative, make "somebody new" more of a priority than you made me.

For those that were scared of opening up - quit being a chickenshit. It's unattractive.

For those who couldn't tell me they cared about me out of fear of having to commit- grow an F-ing backbone. You knew I would find out. You'll have to stop running from it eventually. You're not getting any younger. You're gonna have to grow up someday. Guess who won't be there when that day arrives?

For those that hurt my feelings, but didn't care - I hope you get a conscience.

For those that hurt my feelings and felt bad about it - shame on you for not getting it right after the first time and shame on me for letting it continue.

You know I would like to tell you to go F yourself, but I just don't have it in me. So please. I beg you. Let me be me. Let me be happy.


Love,

Katie



Dear Self,

Don't look back.

Love,

Me.

No comments: