Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday

After a somewhat gloomy and cold Saturday, today couldn't have been more beautiful if I had special ordered it. This morning I did some power-walking and stopped at Einstein's for an order of lox & bagel, and then back home. I walked a total of three miles today! I decided this morning that although I am actually power-walking, I really wish that I was a runner. Unfortunately my knees don't share the same ambition. I just wish I could get that runner's high. Oh well.

This afternoon we took Jonathan & Anika for their first official theater experience and their first play. Childsplay is currently doing a production of Goodnight Moon. I know what you're thinking - if you know this book, you know it takes 30 seconds flat to read, because I'm not even sure that there are even 30 words in the entire book. However, this was an awesome production and I give it a five sippy cup rating. The set is colorful and creative and there are only 4 actors. I think what impressed me most about the experience though was the theater itself. The Tempe Center for the Arts is a brand new building. It's located right next to Tempe Town Lake and I believe this sidewalk pictured serves as a path all the way to the Tempe Beach Park. The kiddos thoroughly enjoyed the view of the "waterfalls." The architecture was incredible on the outside, and there are cool little details and features - including a negative edge pool set right outside of the lobby of the building, looking like it pours straight into the lake. The inside of the theater is even more incredible. Unfortunately they don't allow you to take pictures in the theater but if you get the chance to go, you MUST!
The little ones were enthralled with the performance and the surroundings. They were both having "Triple T" days (Terrible Two Tantrums) but we seemed to go in and come out unscathed. We ventured over to Mill Ave for where PF Chang's tried to put all of us (4 adults, 2 small children) at a small square table, clearly intended to be for only FOUR people. After mini-meltdowns in the middle of the restaurant, we quickly regrouped and decided to take the kids elsewhere before we ALL officially lost our minds.

We ended up making our way over to Z Teja's - another daring place to take small children, but we ended up with the best seat in the house - a large round booth in the corner! The food was fantastic, the company was delightful - ok, well, minus the 2-year olds staking their claim on their stuff. Everything is "MINE" and "NOOO" these days. You can see that I've captured their smiles while I could :)
Tomorrow is President's Day and I sure wish I had a 3-day weekend. Such is life. Tomorrow is supposed to get to 75 degrees. Perfect weather to play! It's a shame I'll be holed up in an office with no windows all day! To all who have tomorrow off - Enjoy it!
P.S. I looked at yesterday's blog and realized that I really need to give myself some lessons on formatting the ole blogaroo. I just published this one and checked out also, and I just don't get it! This formatting nonsense is going to make me mental! If anyone has any tips, feel free to share.

No comments: