Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine Madness, A Fab Quesadilla, Sarcasm and More

This post is filled with lots of randomness that made up a wacky Wednesday, so stick with me:

Topic #1: I was driving home from work when I noticed stands with people selling Valentine items on EVERY street corner. I kid you not, people - every single street corner. It seems as though they all have the exact same ginormous white teddy bears with huge "gift sets", lots of balloons, and other valentiney trinkets. My thought was, "Where does all of this stuff COME from?? How do they know where to buy it? And what on earth do they all do with it if it does not sell??" So I'm really hoping that tomorrow I receive one of the mylar balloons that reads, "Te Amo."

Topic #2: I checked my mail when I got home and in addition to receiving valentine cards from both my mom and Paige (both of which totally made me misty), I also received - not one, but TWO coupons for free meals from a place called Zoe's Kitchen, which I thoroughly enjoy and often eat there for lunch or dinner, as there are locations near both my home and office. The funny thing is that both of these coupons are addressed to "Sandra Burau" WHO? Exactly.

Topic #3: I decided to actually USE one of my coupons tonight, because, well I'm feeling super lazy and didn't want to cook! Plus, I'm single, and I CAN. :) I decided to order something different tonight, just to mix it up, and I ordered the Chicken Quesadilla. But this is no ordinary quesadilla - no... This quesadilla is filled with grilled chicken, spinach, scallions & feta and it is FAB-U-LOUS. It's not as ooey gooey cheesy as a normal quesadilla, but it is a wonderfully tasty and healthy alternative for those of us who are trying to cut the calories. I kinda wanna give whoever invented this little creation a big fat kiss on the mouth. Also - if you are to ever visit Zoe's Kitchen and are NOT neccessarily watching your calories - they have AMAZING texas sheet cake. Totally "O" worthy.

Topic #4: Ok so this one is super random. When I got back in the car to bring my dinner home and eat, Alice Cooper's radio show was just beginning. The promo that runs when they start his show says, "Here he is, the guy who puts the 'casm' in 'sarcasm', Alice Cooper" WHA...??? I was still in the parking lot, thank goodness, because I totally hit the brakes, looked at the tuner, and said to the radio announcer (as if he was listening to me), "WTF?!" Hey, if Alice puts the 'casm' in sarcasm, then it's safe to say that I put the 'der' in 'wonderful'. Yeah, that's right.

Topic #5: Big Brother. Another ridiculous reality show that has been on forever and there's something damn alluring about it. It's sort of Real World meets Survivor. There's a new twist this year. I missed the premiere, but I watched tonight's episode. It's called "Big Brother: 'Til Death Do Us Part". Everyone is coupled up with a "soulmate" which is there partner for the rest time in the house, and they get evicted as a couple. The twist is that there is a REAL couple in the house - tonight each of the couple's soulmates found out. Should be riveting. I know what you people are thinking - it's a good thing I don't have cable!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day - aka - Singles Awareness Day, or SAD. I'm not gonna be sad, because the McMinn's invited me over for dinner, so I think I'll venture out to Western New Mexico to hang with Heather, Wayne, and the girls tomorrow night!

No comments: