Monday, February 18, 2008

Stretching My Limits

If there's one thing I've learned by starting this blog, it's how much I truly love to write. I have always enjoyed writing but generally had a difficult time with creative writing, and for some reason discounted any desire to do any professional writing because of it. An unnecessary personal boundary that I set for myself, I suppose. I do, however, get excited to express my feelings, emotions, and experiences regarding personal victories and things I love. You've probably found some common themes among my posts already - kids, food, kids, and food. Those are the things I love most :) Someday I think I would like to write a book having to do with child development, social interaction and parental / childcare provider roles dealing with both. With consideration of the fact that I have no kids of my own, I do realize that might seem like a strange goal - and really, I use the term "goal" loosely - however, I think that I may be able to provide insight that would be helpful to first-time parents. My main challenge being: how do I get my audience to trust what I say? How do I create a rapport with perfect strangers?

I also enjoy cooking, but more importantly, I love eating, and I LOVE eating out! I am always looking for new places to go, new things to try, new experiences to excite the senses. (Lately, with more budget constraint... but I've enjoyed the challenge!) All of this being said, I was perusing Craig's List tonight and found an opportunity that I could NOT pass up. I have begun the process and am going to submit an assignment to be considered as a published review on local restaurant review site. The idea of having this opportunity conjures up feelings of both excitement and panic!

Who knows what this may lead to... it could be merely a hobby of mine... or maybe more!

I will keep you posted about my progress, and you'll certainly know if I get published!

No comments: