Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Saturday Morning Lazys

After a long work week, and finally a complete recovery from the cold I had and the flu I battled on Sunday/Monday, it felt good to crawl into bed last night and not have to worry about setting my alarm or think about pressing things that needed to get done the next day. I slept better than I have slept in at least a month and I slept until 8 o'clock!! It was amazing. For the first time in months I woke up refreshed and stress-free! So for the past two hours I've been enjoying the laziness of the overcast, chilly morning by lounging in my pj's and enjoying my coffee and some sweet Saturday morning TV. Currently, an episode of Saved by the Bell is on in the background - the only thing better would be a 90210 marathon! As I sit and enjoy the thought of not having any commitments, obligations, or pressing errands to run until I go hang with Jonathan this evening, I figured I'd post some pics from dinner at the McMinn's!




I love how Taylor cracks up and gets so excited at just about anything! Even me! Lauren was takin a late nap when I arrived but she woke up smiley and ready to take pictures! I got a kick out of the grapefruits from the mystery tree at the elder McMinn home - they were as big as Laurens head!
We had a delicious dinner from Wayne & Heather's fave Mexican joint down the road, and had a great time! (Thanks for letting me crash your Valentine's dinner, guys!)

It was definitely entertaining, watching the babies play, then after dinner having a lesson about oragami vs. kama sutra - there is a difference, as Wayne learned - probably one of the top 10 funniest moments ever.

Lauren got a head start on practicing to be on a future edition of "America's Next Top Model" by finding my heels and walking around in them. She may even walk in them better than I do, and they are 87 sizes too big for her... and on the wrong feet. But it was an awesome photo-op, nonetheless.
Last night I went to Beni's after work and got to see her new car! A hybrid Toyota Prius - super cute and tiny, yet surprisingly spacious, and completly space-age! She only got it because in AZ there's a special license plate that you can get to drive in the HOV lane, and it's one of just a few cars that you have to have to get the plate. Literally, that's the only reason she got it. She's used to driving a tank (Nissan Armada) so I told her although it will be an adjustment to be on the ground, she's gonna totally love the savings in gas!
We rode in the new car to meet up with the Dieters and we had another Benihana dinner to celebrate Steve's birthday. He's 39 as of yesterday and said he was depressed because he spent the day interviewing 18 year olds. But it couldn't have been TOO bad because last week he had a 3-day company picnic in DISNEYLAND and yesterday because it was Friday, they brought in Mexcian Food and Margarita Machines for Happy Hour.
He was even telling us that the "Google Doctor" - yeah, they even have a doctor ONSITE with FREE medical care - had to give him clearance to return to work yesterday because his pink eye was no longer contagious. His was the second confirmed case in the office, so they had a cleaning crew come sanitize the entire office. Including taking all of the covers of the blueberry beanbag chairs. That's right, you heard me. Why don't they do that in schools?? I was discussing how totally addicted to all things Google (Google Reader, Google Analytics, iGoogle, Gmail, THIS BLOG) last night, when I realized, I'm even more in awe of hearing what it's like to WORK there! If you ever get the chance, DO IT! You won't regret it. That's the impression I get, anyway...
And now back to my chill Saturday... :)

No comments: